At AMG, mountaineering is our way of life. We love what we do and we enjoy sharing it with others. Climbing Aconcagua is a big undertaking, full of adventure, hard work, and great rewards. Our goal is to provide you the best opportunity to experience this high-mountain environment and reach the tallest summit in the Americas in a safe and enjoyable manner. Through our many years of guiding and climbing Aconcagua, we have developed an excellent program that achieves this goal better than any other company. We look forward to experiencing Aconcagua with you.
AMG has been setting standards for guiding and logistical services for climbing Aconcagua for over three decades. Each year we improve our services using the latest technology and innovations in the outdoor industry. AMG is known for its excellence in providing logistical services and climbing expeditions for some of the most renowned companies around the world. We have acquired much of our knowledge through working with these companies and sharing our knowledge with each other.
As a provider of guided expeditions on Aconcagua for the last 28 years, we are confident in saying, “Aconcagua Mountain Guides offers excellent guided expeditions as well as the highest quality and most comprehensive logistical services on the mountain”.
President Alpine Ascents International
AMG PHILOSOPHY AND BUSINESS PRACTICES
Our goal is to offer the highest standard of service to each of our clients. We maintain a high standard of business ethics with all companies and clients that we work with. We provide clear and accurate descriptions of our services, refund policies, and inclusions. We want our climb to be everything clients expect and more.
At AMG, safety is of paramount concern. Climbing mountains has inherent risks, but through careful planning we greatly reduce these risks and lead people into extraordinary environments and life changing experiences. Mountaineering is all we do and we pride ourselves on our excellent safety record. When making decisions or organizing expeditions, safety is our primary focus. We have established a prevention program to ensure each expedition and trek is as safe as possible.
AMG is a strong advocate for the environment and protection of the natural resources of Provincial Park. One services we provide for all companies and individuals on the mountain removing human waste and trash from the mountain. We transport All waste either by mules or helicopter out of the park for disposal.
We take great pride how we care for our animals (we own over 140 mules), giving them quality feed, regular veterinarian check-ups, and plenty of rest between carries to Base Camps.
GIVING BACK (SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH)
AMG is committed to scientific research and working with a variety of social institutions to build a better world. The government of Argentina has acknowledged AMG with distinctions for our social contributions. Our efforts include some of the following:
- Assisting kindergarten teachers and directors from low-income schools. At the start of the school year for the last three years we have made an important donations of food, supplies, and clothing for classroom activities, and provided resources to compensate some of the children’s basic necessities.
- We have joined with Las Heras Municipality in a commitment to establish a dining room for children and teenagers from Uspallata, the closest town to Aconcagua.
- We donate medicine to the nursing section of the Argentinian Army Detachment in Puente del Inca. It is the only functioning medical facility in the zone.
- We actively collaborate alongside Aconcagua’s Rescue Patrol with donations of technical material for rescue operations and participate in search and rescue when needed.
- We have given our support to the SIGMA project for over five years, whose goal is to investigate the continental drift through the installation of censors in Mount Aconcagua, from the base to the summit, which are monitored via satellite. This project is endorsed by the National Scientific and Technical Research Council of Argentina, and works with other international educational institutions such as Ohio State University.
Climbing Aconcagua is a large undertaking requiring a strong commitment to training, time away from work, and financial expense. We understand your commitment and are dedicated to providing you and all of our clients the best opportunity to reach the summit. There may be many personal reasons to choose a particular guide service, but the four main areas of concern to consider include: Safety record, guides, logistics in-country, and pre-trip planning with the climber. AMG is the leader in all these areas.
Comments are closed.